Barcelona has quickly become of the world’s favourite tourist destinations. A perfect combination of city break and beach vacation, it gives visitors the chance to experience its rich culture whilst enjoying sun, sand and sea at the same time.
Moreover, the city boasts an impressive nightlife scene with plenty of live music venues, tapas bars, clubs and a world-famous casino.
Casino Barcelona is located on the city’s impressive Port Olímpic, which was developed when the city held the 1992 Summer Olympics yet has since become one of the most popular areas in the city after dark.
Inside the casino, players can expect a wide variety of different games tables, electronic slots and regular poker tournaments, as well as three different restaurants and four different bars.
If you’re planning a visit to the Casino Barcelona, then it’s important to learn the dress code beforehand as you wouldn’t want to turn up just to be turned away would you?
Thankfully, this guide will teach you exactly what kind of attire the casino expects its patrons to wear, as well as what kind of clothing is not allowed, and everything else you need to know to plan a successful visit.
Casino Barcelona Dress Code
Although Casino Barcelona is located in an impressive venue and can seem quite swanky, there’s no need to stress about the dress code. In fact, the casino doesn’t actually impose a formal dress code, opting to simply tell players what will not be permitted instead.
The casino’s guidelines simply state that patrons are able to largely wear what they want and that even sportswear is allowed. Rather surprisingly they also allow players to wear trainers, however you can’t wear:
- Beach shoes
- Sleeveless undershirts
Due to the casino’s proximity to Barcelona’s famous beaches, looking like you haven’t come from a nice day’s sunbathing is clearly a point they’re quite serious about.
Key Dress Code Points
|Dress Code Type||Casual|
|Accepted Clothing||T-shirts Shirts Jeans Trousers Dresses Shoes and Trainers Sportswear Shorts|
|Prohibited Clothing||Swimwear Beachwear (flip flops, sarongs etc.) Male sleeveless undershirts (vests) Motorcycle Helmets Large Rucksacks|
Common Dress Code FAQs
Can I bring my purse, rucksack or suitcase onto the gaming floor?
Whilst in general the casino does allow players to carry handbags and smaller backpacks on the casino floor, oversized rucksacks and larger bags are prohibited and therefore must be stored in the cloakroom.
Is the cloakroom free?
Casino Barcelona offers guests a cloakroom service, which is available 24 hours a day. The service is free for most items, but there may be a small fee for suitcases and larger items.
Can I use pictures/make calls inside the Casino?
All use of mobile phones, photography and recording equipment is strictly prohibited on the casino floor or anywhere else it may disturb other players.
Casino Barcelona Dress Code – What You Need to Know
As we mentioned earlier, Casino Barcelona is situated in the Port Olímpic area of the city, which means it’s just a stone’s throw from the beach. It’s the perfect place to play for both locals and tourists, and gives it a great location that is accessible by both public transport and car.
When on the gaming floor, guests at Casino Barcelona can expect to be greeted by a vast array of gaming options. The casino boasts numerous different tables for playing classic games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat and stud poker.
Plus, there is a huge variety of different electronic machines for playing slots, video poker, video roulette and more. One of the most popular parts of the casino, however, is its famous poker room, which offers daily games and tournaments.
Casino Barcelona is also home to three different restaurants, including a traditional buffet style restaurant, a fine dining establishment and a South American-Asian fusion option too. The casino also offers four different bars, including a wine cellar and a rooftop terrace cocktail bar.
Key Casino Barcelona Facts
|Gaming Options||Gaming Tables including: – Blackjack|
– American Roulette – French Roulette – Stud Poker- – American Baccarat Electronic Slot Machines I-Table Texas Hold ’Em I-Table Blackjack I-Roulette
|Extras||Fine Dining Restaurant Buffet Restaurant Fusion Style Restaurant Cocktail Bar Wine Cellar Smoking Terrace Live Entertainment Lounge Sports Lounge With HD Screens FC Barcelona Store|
Planning a Visit to Casino Barcelona
If this guide has convinced you that Casino Barcelona is a place you want to visit, then you can find all the information you may need to plan a successful trip below.
- Machine Rooms: 24/7
- Games Rooms: Sunday – Thursday, 4pm to 4am; Friday and Saturday, 4pm to 5am
- Buffet Del Casino: Thursdays, Fridays and Satudays, 9pm to 1am
- Magnym Restaurant: Every day, 9pm to 1am
- Aji Restaurant: Tuesday – Saturday from 1pm to 3.30pm and from 9pm to 11pp
- La Vinoteca: Every day, 4pm to 3.30 am
- Bet Bar: Every day, 24 hours
- FC Barcelona Store: Every day, 4.30pm to 2am
- Address: Marina, 19-21; 08005 (Port Olímpic), Barcelona, Spain
- Parking: Yes
- Disabled Access: Yes
- Public Transport Links: The casino is located within walking distance of ‘Ciutadella/Vila Olímpica’ metro and tram station. It can also be accessed by these local buses: 45 / 59 / 36 / V21 / V27 / 92 / D20, and these night buses: N0 / N8 / N6.
- Private Vehicle Links: If you are driving your own vehicle to the casino, you can take these exits from the main expressway: Ronda Litoral (Dir. Besós), exit 22/Ronda Litoral (Dir. Llobregat): exit 23
- To enter the casino you must be aged 18 or above, and will be asked for ID.
- European Union nationals can show their National ID card, driver’s license or passport (original documents) for entry.
- Non-EU nationals need to show their passport (original document) to enter.
- Entry to Casino Barcelona is free of charge, but all guests are required to have a printed invitation which you can find on the casino website.
Contact the Casino:
- Telephone: +34 900 354 3548
- Email: email@example.com